Benefits of counselling
Counselling can help you to:
- Relieve anxiety or stress due to work or relationship problems
- Cope with major life changes, such as the break up of a relationship, the death of a loved one, or the loss of a job
- Understand yourself, and break-out of self-defeating patterns
- Learn to manage your anger, or other unhealthy reactions
- Recover from physical or sexual abuse, or witnessing violence
- Sleep better, if you have trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep
The first counselling session
Coming to counselling can be hard and you might be wondering what we’ll do in the first session. Essentially it gives you the chance to see whether we would work well together.
It may difficult for you to know what to say. Or you may have so much to say that you don’t know where to begin. Even though at our first meeting I will be a stranger to you I will try to understand what you want to say and how you feel.
At the end of the first session we can agree to work together, or you may choose to think things over in your own time.
We’ll usually meet at the same time each week at my Chiswick practice. Counselling sessions give you the opportunity to talk about anything that’s on your mind, and usually you will start talking rather than me setting the agenda.
What can I talk about?
You will be in charge of what we talk about. You will not be expected to talk about anything you don’t want to talk about. There is nothing that you cannot talk about.
I’ll listen to you as the unique individual that you are, and not as a ‘type’ of person. We will move at your own pace – at a pace that you feel comfortable with. I won’t try to direct you, but if you ask me any questions I will do my best to answer them.
How many sessions?
You will be in control of the number of sessions. There is no expectation, take as long as you need – everyone is different.
Paying for sessions
You can pay for sessions on the day by cash, debit card, credit card, or cheque. You can also make direct transfers to my account via your online bank.
Or you can make an online payment now.
Want to know more about counselling in Chiswick?
You may have more questions about counselling and how I work.
- Read about confidentiality, payment, cancellations, etc.
- Call me on 07807 173 339
- Email me at email@example.com